PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec 2, 2022--
Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s leading organization for the project management profession, announced the winners of the 2022 PMI® Awards during a reimagined award ceremony, themed as ILLUMINATE!, at PMI Global Summit. The PMI® Awards highlight project professionals, PMI chapters, groups and published works that advance the project management profession.
Since 1974, PMI has honored organizations and project professionals whose passion, talent, and expertise have made the greatest contributions to project management and PMI. This year’s awards fall under three categories: PMI Project Awards, PMI Research and Academic Awards, and PMI Chapter Awards.
“As the home for project professionals across the globe, PMI celebrates the work that leads us forward–and those who make it possible,” said Pierre Le Manh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Project Management Institute. “Through innovation, collaboration, and a dedication to outcomes that matter, this year’s recognized work and project leaders model the qualities that drive the world forward—directing us all towards a brighter future.”
PMI® Project of the Year Award – This award is the highest project honor and recognizes a single project leading the way in the project management profession. Projects winning this award have achieved excellence of project management practices including superior organizational results, innovation, collaboration, and making positive impacts on society.
- Winner: Creative Destruction Lab (CDL) Rapid Screening Consortium by Creative Destruction Lab
PMI® Large and Mega Project Award – This award recognizes complex projects that best deliver superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of more than US$50 million.
- Winner: Route 2020 Project by Dubai Metro
- Finalist: Al Madinah Mega Project by King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center
- Finalist: Sanmen AP1000 Phase I Project by the Shanghai Nuclear Engineering Research & Design Institute
PMI® Small and Mid-Size Project Award – This award recognizes complex projects that best deliver superior performance of project management practices, superior organizational results, and positive impacts on society with a project budget of less than US$50 million.
- Winner: Medical Oxygen Plant (MOP) by Tata Advanced Systems Limited (TASL)
- Finalist: COVID-19 300 ICU Hospital Beds by GDID Jubilee
- Finalist: Multiplan Advocacy Platform Implementation by UST
PMO of the Year® Award – This award honors a Project Management Office (PMO) that has added value to its organization through its support of successful strategic initiatives and demonstrated superior organizational project management capabilities. It also recognizes a PMO that has established a vision for value delivery and has had a positive and clear impact on business results.
- Winner: Dubai Municipality Project Management Office
- Finalist: Ontario Power Generation Enterprise Project Management Office
- Finalist: Johnson & Johnson FS&T Project Management Office
PMI® Fellow Award – This is the highest and most prestigious individual award, honoring professionals for their service to the organization and profession.
PMI® Eric Jenett Person of the Year Award – This award recognizes and honors an individual who has made an outstanding contribution(s) to the project management profession or its practice through leadership, technical project management, and strategic and business management acumen.
- Imre Szalay
- Shivani Gupta
PMI® Rising Leader Award – This award recognizes and honors young professionals who have made a significant impact in advancing project management within an organization; advancing the knowledge and understanding of the practice of project management; and demonstrating an understanding of PMI standards, practices, and ethics.
- Syed Ahsan Mustaqeem PE, PMP
- Tu Dang Khoa
- Taras Fedoruk
- Innocentia Mahlangu
- Samuel Michael Clark
PMI® Research and Academic Awards
The PMI Research and Academic Awards recognize individuals, groups, and published works that significantly advanced the concepts, knowledge, and practices of project, program, and portfolio management.
PMI® David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award – The PMI David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award recognizes the author(s) of a published book that significantly advances project management knowledge, concepts, and practice.
- Winner: Antonio Nieto-Rodriguez for The Harvard Business Review Project Management Handbook
PMI® Research Achievement Award – The PMI Research Achievement Award recognizes and honors an individual whose work has significantly advanced the concepts, knowledge, and practices of project management through a published body of academic research.
- Professor Nathalie Drouin, University of Quebec, Montreal
- Professor Ralf Müller, BI Norwegian Business School
- Professor Shankar Sankaran, University of Technology Sydney
PMI® Linn Stuckenbruck Teaching Excellence Award – The PMI Linn Stuckenbruck Teaching Excellence Award honors faculty members for excellence in teaching project management curricula in higher education.
- Winner: Dr. Scott W. Kramer, Auburn University
PMI® Young Researcher Award – The PMI Young Researcher Award recognizes and celebrates emerging leaders in the academic field of project, program, and/or portfolio management with potential achievements to make a significant impact on the field and practice.
- Winner: Dr. Johan Ninan, Delft University of Technology
PMI® Chapter Awards
The PMI Chapter Awards program provides recognition of volunteer efforts, motivates chapter leaders, and provides acknowledgment of their contributions toward achieving goals.
Category I - Chapters with 25-300 Members
- Winner: PMI Gujarat, India Chapter - South Asia
- PMI Columbus, Georgia Chapter - North America
- PMI Kazakhstan Chapter- Europe
- PMI Pernambuco, Brazil Chapter- Latin America
- PMI Taipei, Taiwan Chapter- Asia Pacific
- PMI Tunisia Chapter- Middle East/North Africa
- PMI Zimbabwe Chapter- Sub-Saharan Africa
Category II - Chapters with 301–1,500 Members
- Winner: PMI Trivandrum, Kerala Chapter- South Asia
- PMI Durham Highlands Chapter- North America
- PMI Kenya Chapter- Sub-Saharan Africa
- PMI Lebanon Chapter- Middle East/North Africa
- PMI Queensland Australia Chapter- Asia Pacific
- PMI Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil Chapter- Latin America
- PMI Southern Italy Chapter- Europe
Category III - Chapters with Over 1,500 Members
- Winner: PMI Chicagoland Chapter- North America
- Finalist: PMI Central Italy Chapter- Europe
If you know a project, PMO, or professional in project management that deserves recognition, nominate them for next year’s PMI Awards today at https://professionalawards.pmi.org/.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Institute (PMI) is the leading professional organization for project management, and the authority for a growing global community of millions of project professionals and individuals who use project management skills. Collectively, these professionals and "changemakers" consistently create better outcomes for businesses, community, and society worldwide.
PMI empowers people to make ideas a reality. Through global advocacy, networking, collaboration, research, and education, PMI prepares organizations and individuals at every stage of their career journey to work smarter so they can drive success in a world of change.
Building on a proud legacy dating to 1969, PMI is a not-for-profit for-purpose organization working in nearly every country around the world to advance careers, strengthen organizational success, and enable project professionals and changemakers with new skills and ways of working to maximize their impact. PMI offerings include globally recognized standards, certifications, online courses, thought leadership, tools, digital publications, and communities.
Visit us at www.PMI.org, www.projectmanagement.com, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute and on Twitter @PMInstitute.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221202005314/en/
CONTACT: MaryKate Dougherty
External Communications Specialist
KEYWORD: PENNSYLVANIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CONSULTING BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL SERVICES TRAINING EDUCATION
SOURCE: Project Management Institute
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 12/02/2022 11:23 AM/DISC: 12/02/2022 11:23 AM